Thursday, May 10, 2012

Erin Runs New York for The Pink Agenda

Today is the official kick off of my campaign to raise money for The Pink Agenda!!!!

Thanks for stopping my to check out my blog! Over the next few months I hope to update it with stories about my training (encouragement is always welcome!), information on breast cancer and the story of my Mom's journey with this disease this year. 

What's my story? 
My Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer earlier this year. I have spent much of the last 4 months traveling back and forth from New York to Colorado to be by my Mom's side during her surgeries and chemotherapy sessions. It has been a rough few months- but she is doing GREAT and Wednesday was her LAST chemotherapy session. She still has five weeks of radiation to push through- but I am so proud of her brave fight so far and so lucky to have such a strong woman as my Mom. 

Why am I running with The Pink Agenda
It has been a long time goal of mine to run the NYC Marathon and I decided that THIS is the year. I wanted to run with a charity that I believed in and I needed to look no further than The Pink Agenda. The Pink Agenda is a  is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization committed to raising money for breast cancer care and research and awareness of the disease among young professionals. 

How can you help? 
If you would like to donate to help me with my fundraising goal please visit my crowdrise page at Erin Runs New York- Crowdrise Page or by clicking on the "Want to Donate?" link on the left side of the page. I am also so looking forward to seeing some smiling faces on the sidelines on November 4th- so I hope some of you can come out for the race! 


No comments:

Post a Comment